Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Gluten Free Organization

I am such an unorganized person. I LIKE to be organized, I'm just not good at it. In fact, I've made countless binders to organize different projects or weekly/monthly lists and they're beautiful and functional...and empty because I forget to actually use them. I tell people that Scott's one thing he'd love to change about me is for me to be OCD. mainly because he likes cleanliness but hates cleaning (and has 2 toddlers who creates messes quicker than is humanly possible to clean).

Now that we're trying to be gluten free while staying within our very small grocery budget, I have to be very creative and detailed in my planning for groceries each week.

I'll be posting some photos and recipes later on,  but for now, here's our plan for dinners the next week or so:

January 1: frito pie (for those of you who are clueless, that's fritos, chili, cheese and sour cream)
January 2: Tacos wrapped in lettuce instead of taco shells, rice, refried beans
January 3: Salad ( we love salad and put tons of toppings on them)

we're supposed to go hunting this weekend so these next few meals may not work out. But I'm trying to plan things that are easy to reheat while we're away from home. The turnips in our garden are ready too so I might just make a huge pot of turnips and greens.
January 4: Vegetable beef soup with cornbread muffins
January 5:  potato soup with bacon:)
January 6: Tuna salad with baked cheese squares and fruit

January 7: Pork chops with green beans and potatoes. Not sure if I'll batter them in buckwheat and fry them in coconut oil or just baked them with spices. We really love our fried food
January 8: Hellman's chicken...you know the recipe on the commercials? it's mayo, parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. I'll be using either gluten free crackers or homemade gluten free bread crumbs. We'll serve it steamed broccoli and a salad.
January 9: buckwheat biscuits with sausage gravy. I'll have to post about this one because I'll be using all kinds of tricks to stay gluten free.

Last night, by the way, we had sweet potatoes with butter, turnip greens (and a few turnips), and fried salmon patties. We'll have salmon again soon so I'll be posting that recipe and step-by-step as well.

Do you eat gluten free or some other special diet?
Do you have a FANTASTIC recipe to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or Comments? It's all you...