Thursday, August 8, 2013

WHOA

Ok, so...I wasn't going to do a garden update today but when I walked out there this morning and saw it, I changed my mind. I'm just so amazed at how quickly and easily this stuff is growing!
This is our pumpkin sprout on day 5.

This is zuchini, day 5. I'll have to thin this one out soon to just one plant. That's SO hard for me to pull out a plant and let it die, but I know that if I don't do it soon, none of them will survive.

This is squash, day 5.

broccoli day 5

And this is my absolute favorite thing from today. This is the bush bean, day 5.

The bean again. You can almost see where the actual bean used to be.

And here, if you look closely, you CAN see the actual dried bean (the seed). How awesome is that?

See? That looked like a dry black bean when I put it in the ground!
Then when the girls napped, I decided to cut the grass. Don't worry, the heat index was only 105...
And the humidity was a scant 60%.
Halfway through cutting the front yard, I looked up and saw this. She ripped down half of her "stained glass window" that Daddy made and somehow was sitting on the window sill. She stayed there until I finished.



And this is the beginning of my compost pile. I bagged all the grass while I was mowing so I could easily get it started. The laundry basket is there to show you how much grass there is.


Y'all....it was so hot out there. My feet were SOAKED when I was done. And my boots aren't even all that tight...or heavy. Also, I did wear pants to cut the grass...our neighbors wouldn't like naked yard work.

I don't know how only this part of my shirt got a sweat stain cause I was dripping everywhere! Probably mostly from humidity, but my goodness.
It took me an hour and a half to cut the front and back, and I used that as my excuse to lounge on the couch in the AC the rest of the day. Then I treated the girls and myself to some BBQ and ice cream. Poor daddy missed out.

1 comment:

Questions or Comments? It's all you...