Thursday, June 13, 2013

RANT

SO I have been noticing in several of the blogs that I read that commenters are complaining about how bloggers make their life/marriage seem so perfect, but that's not realistic.
One person complained that a blogger made it seem like her husband was PERFECT and that just wasn't being honest.
Well, I have an opinion about that.

WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE WRITE ABOUT THEIR SPOUSE'S FLAWS, FAILURES, SHORTCOMINGS, ISSUES, ARGUMENTS, PET PEEVES, OR DIRTY UNDERWEAR ON A PUBLIC BLOG?!?!

I mean , my goodness people.
Of course everything on a blog is going to be all peaches and cream and roses and sweet and spicy and...okay so I got carried away there, but my point is, there's no need for the negatives.

What do these people expect?
Do you want us bloggers to start providing a transcript of every argument that goes on in our household?
Do you want us to have a weekly post about all the things our spouse did wrong this week?
Should we start discussing how we deserve better because so-and-so is worthless?

Come ON. 
Graciousness.

If I told you about the negatives in my life/marriage...I would have them much longer.
Those things are between me and Scott. And God.
Scott is fantastic, but even if he wasn't, I'd think of something positive to say about him because that's how you build up a marriage...not by hanging the dirty laundry on the front-yard-clothes-line. 

ugh.
people are just so ridiculous.
No, my life isn't perfect.
But I'm not about to tell you that, especially when there's a chance Scott would read it and be devastated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or Comments? It's all you...