Thursday, May 23, 2013

fear [feer] n. a thing that causes a feeling of dread

Ok y'all. 
I want y'all to know a little more about me.
I've heard somewhere that knowing someone's fears helps you to better understand the person.
So today, I'll share one of my true fears with you.
Dictionary.com defines fear as : a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined
let me tell you, what I'm about to share with you fits this definition exactly.

Ok. here goes.
Don't laugh.
I truly fear that while shaving my legs, I will somehow slice through my achilles tendon.
There. I said it.
I'm for real y'all. 
Like, I would rather leave hair on the back of my knees and the backs of my ankles because putting a razor that close to my tendon gives me the heebie-jeebies.
For serious.
I cannot stand it.
In fact, almost every time I shave the back of my knee or ankle,  I end up cutting myself because I flinch as I imagine my tendon getting sliced open.
Gosh.
I'm getting distressed by the impending danger just thinking of it.

I realize how ridiculous this may sound to those of you without this problem, but I don't care.
Sharp objects just don't mix well with easily accessible tendons.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or Comments? It's all you...