Monday, May 6, 2013

Herbal Hair Goop

A few days ago I decided to do a hair treatment. 
I don't have the money for all the expensive stuff, plus I don't like using all the chemicals, so I decided to do an herbal treatment.
I did some research to see what herbs I already had available.
Here is what I used.

Mix together 1 C of lemon juice or vinegar, 1/2 cup horsetail/shavegrass, and heat on the stove. Don't let it boil, just get it warm. Let it cool to where it's safe to touch and add in 2-3 Tablespoons of oil or mayo. I use mayo cause I have a ton of it on hand. The mixture is super gross and slimy and stinky, but I promise it works.

Flip all your hair over and let it hand into a large bowl. Take the warm mixture and pour over your hair, massaging it into the damaged areas and letting it drain into the bowl. Continue to rub it into your hair until most of the mixture has been used. twist your hair up, wrap your head in a grocery bag to keep it from dripping, then wrap it in a warm towel. You want it to stay warm to the whole time so you may need to keep a few towels going in the dryer and change them periodically. Now just let it set for 45 minutes or more. Then rinse it all out of your hair and sleep on it. DO NOT USE ANY SHAMPOO, CONDITIONER, HAIR PRODUCT OR HEAT ON YOUR HAIR !!
You can wash your hair the next morning, but you really want to give it overnight to continue absorbing all the goodness!


My hair was SO damaged, and after doing the treatment it is soft and shiny and lots of the breakage has been healed.

You can also try using the Beautiful Hair mix from the Bulk Herb Store. It's just a premixed herbal treatment with a lot of great herbs in it.

I've also been taking powdered kelp in capsules a few times a day and have noticed a huge difference in my hair and nail (and Lillee's too!).

So there you go:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or Comments? It's all you...