Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Last Supper...I Mean Last Night's Supper

FOOD

 This is the horrible bread I told y'all about. It's supposed to be about thrice that size. (yes. thrice) This is two slices of it and the top. yuck. in the background though is a glorious skillet of taters!
 This is what I ended up making instead of the french toast. It's scrambled eggs with cheese and bell peppers and the skillet taters. Actually the eggs aren't really scrambled, they're sort of smashed. Scott doesn't like it when I crack the eggs into a bowl, whisk them, then pour them into a hot pan. He prefers to crack them straight into the pan and then smash the yolks open with a spatula. The texture is totally different.

For dinner I made chicken broccoli pockets with cheese sauce. It's not at all healthy but it is delicious.
 The sauce is made of cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, shredded cheese, salt, pepper  and garlic powder.I know it looks horrible.
 While I was making the pockets, I had some lima beans cooking on the stove.
 The secret to healthy delicious lime beans is butter. Tons of buttah. Thank you Paula Deen.
 And of course you have to brew some tea.
 So I forgot to take pictures in between, but I cooked a chicken breast in the crockpot, shredded it, steamed soem broccoli and smashed it, add them together, sprinkled with salt and pepper. Then you unroll a can of crescent rolls. You separate the triangles and in each traingle you put about a tablespoon of the sauce and 1/4 cup of the chicken/broccoli. then you just wrap it all up with the corners of the crescent roll. put them in a casserole dish, and bake them til they're golden brown.
 Then top them with sauce. Iknow it looks nasty but it's so good. Then top that with cheese and stick it back in until the cheese is all melty.
 The finished product. YUM!
Then, of course, you plate it up on your Christmas dishes in July. I should have separated them more because they were difficult to get out of the dish without tearing them.

Anyway, there's what we had last night.

P.S. In my kitchen, nothing gets measured unless I'm baking. So for this recipe, everything is just sort of thrown in to your taste. But if you want more specifics, leave a comment or email me at kimberleepannell at gmail dot com  

You can also follow my instagram for more food photos and such.

1 comment:

Questions or Comments? It's all you...