Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Insanity Day 6: a healthy meal

Prepare yo selves.
This gon' be a long un.
I have so much to share from today, so I hope you're ready.
I could post a bunch of small posts, I suppose.
But I'd rather just make on monstrosity:)

Let me preface the monstrosity by saying that I am totally exhausted.
Last night, some punks decided that 1 am is the perfect time to hang out at the apartment building and scream and yell and hoop and holler and scream and yell.
I seriously almost went out there and said some bleep-bleeps.
So when I woke up this morning, I had about 2 hours of sleep behind me and both girls were up and crying.

So I decided I was gonna really have to work hard to keep them occupied and happy.
Especially since I left dishes in the sink last night.
So I put Maddy in the high chair and started giving her activities.

This was whipped cream with neon colored food coloring. She pretty much knew it was food before I even put the food color on it.

But she did have fun smearing all the colors after she ate the whipped cream.

Then we cleaned up and got some flour out. As much as I cook/bake, I've never just grabbed some flour and moved it around in my hands. it was a lot of fun and super soft and fluffy. Like a cloud.

Then she ate the flour...
She used my kitchen tongs to pick up blocks and put them in the little bucket. We actually did this twice today, hence (haha, I said hence) the two different shirts. She actually was doing a really good job by the end.

Meanwhile, in the living room...
Chunk is getting super strong and loves tummy time.
Maddy continued to play with the flour and such til she got ready for something new.

And Chunk got a bath, a new outfit, and apparently a very good nap.
It's a little out of season but she's a little Georgia Gurl!

While I cooked dinner, Maddy was totally grossed out by the spaghetti squash guts. 

I had this snack after my workout today. its greek yogurt, peanut butter, honey, and white chocolate chips. Tastes like cookie dough greek yogurt. Plus, it makes celery edible:) I only ate about 2 tablespoons of it and Maddy had some too.

These are my mini white chocolate macadamia nut cupcakes with nutella buttercream frosting. All completely from scratch. So good. I haven't eaten one yet today, but I have a feeling I wont be able to resist much longer.


Here's what I cooked for dinner (I took lots of pics that I'll post later in a recipe):
Salad with 2% cheese and ranch dressing and Turkey Taco Spaghetti Squash. Yum. I love it. Scott ate it but didn't seem happy about it. I guess some people just can't do spaghetti squash. I love that junk y'all.
The spaghetti was basically turkey taco meat, but I added shredded carrots and grated some celery into it just for added nutrition. You can't taste it but it adds some goodness to the meal. I also took 3 doritos chips and crumbled them over the spaghetti. it really added a nice crunch.

I think that's all for today y'all.
I think I might go stuff a cupcake in my face.
kbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or Comments? It's all you...