Sunday, March 31, 2013

Roaring Like a Lion

Today's the perfect day to quote one of my favorite praise/worship songs.
The words are so powerful to me, even without any music.
These lyrics basically speak to any issue you may be facing in life, with your faith, with your church home: God is alive, living in us, and he's not just chillin on the sofa as a passive observer.

His love is LOUD. like a lion.

Let love explode and bring the dead to life
A love so bold to see a revolution somehow

Now I'm lost in your freedom
This world I'll overcome

My God's not dead, He's surely alive
And He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion

Let hope arise and make the darkness hide
My faith is dead, I need a resurrection somehow

Let Heaven roar and fire fall
Come shake the ground with the sound of revival.

 This song has so much strong, vibrant language in it. It should be our prayer to God everyday.
We should beg to see an EXPLOSION of love in our lives, a BOLD love that starts revolutions. 
His love gives us so much freedom, we literally get lost in it...at least I do.
Sometimes I pray for understanding just because I can't even fathom the idea that God loves me for me without any qualifiers, regardless of my failures.
When my faith feels dead, God's love somehow brings back hope and resurrects my faith.
That's what Easter is all about right? God's power to resurrect?
Immortality. That's what makes our God truly holy. Only HE can conquer death.
And when He reveals His power, heaven ROARS. 
That just fills my heart and makes me want to shout His praises.
and also rock out to David Crowder:)

1 comment:

  1. I love that song as well! Among his other songs. Love you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

Questions or Comments? It's all you...