Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Big Old Jedi Lionel

I know I already posted today, but I thought I would give you a little sneak peek of my life with Scott. I want to share some of his antics.

Scott knows the words to EVERY single song that comes on the radio. Any radio station, any genre, any artist. Doesn't matter. Scott knows the words. Well...most of the words. What's truly entertaining is when he sings his own words. Here are some examples...

Silk suit. Black tie. I don't need a reason why.
They come running just as fast as they can.
Cause every girl crazy bout a Shot glass man/shop class man. (he has two versions of that one)

Play me a song that makes me wanna roll my windows down and cruise.
 (It really says " Baby you a song, you ..." But when I told Scott that, he said "that's stupid. why would I say "baby you a song" if you're not a song. you can't be a song." I told him it's a metaphor...romantic and poetic and all that. he still refuses to sing the right words)

Whoaaa--oo-oo bigawzetelinaw, 
Don't carry me too far away.
Whoaaa--oo--oo bigawzetelinaw,
Cause it's here that I've got to stay.   

He isn't the only one on that last one. According to Kissthissguy.com, people commonly sing these lyrics:
We go to jail in a line up
Big Ole Jed and a rhino
We're gonna jam with a light on
Big Ole South Carolina
Big old jedi Lionel 

Also, he has some Redneckisms that he uses regularly. Some are just words he cant say right. Reminds me of my Grandmother trying to say Martina Navratilova. 

Siphel as in "I am gonna siphel some gas out of that dude's car"
Licens (without the E) as in, "where are my licens? I need them to drive"
Bulgaraly as "I caught the thief and charged him with bulgaraly"
 He also can't say Hamburglar.

I feel like I may have just found myself a repetitive post topic. Maybe I'll do a weekly post about Scott's sayings. He doesn't mind. It's all in good fun. Besides,he has a blast when he catches me singing the wrong words to something.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or Comments? It's all you...