Saturday, December 8, 2012

Truth of the Bible

This morning my devotion was partly about how Christian leaders like to skew the Bible by using phrases like "in the original language" or "cultural significance". 

Especially regarding the role of women in the home and in the church.

I am no scholar, so I can't tell you what's right or wrong. I can tell you what works. And I can tell you the number one easiest, sure fire way to know God's word.

READ IT.


It's so simple. If you have a third grade education, you should be able to read the Bible. God gave his word to man so that we could understand His will for us. Do you think he would allow it to change? 

John 1:1
In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God.

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.


Logically, you have to see that if the word is God, and God does not change, then the word does not change.  

These two verses say the same thing no matter which translation you use. Don't believe me? look it up yourself.

My point is: stop listening to men who want to change or "interpret" the Bible. Read the Bible yourself. It's so simple. 

Most of my life as a Christian has been based on what some religious leader has interpreted about the Bible and taught to me as fact. Now that I am delving into the Bible myself, I'm finding many of my attitudes to be against what God desires for me. And they aren't very complicated. It's things like: submit to God. Submit to your husband. Keep your home. 

I'm learning to read the Bible as it is. Word by word. Without a cultural filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or Comments? It's all you...